Must be 21 years or older and living to participate. No purchase or entry fee required. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Timing. The “Lead a Rare Life” Contest (the “Promotion”), is presented by Eagle Rare brand (“Eagle Rare”) (“Sponsor”), which begins at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 10, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on December 10, 2020 (the “Promotion Entry Period”) and is open to all legal U.S. residents 21 years old or older (sorry, residents of Puerto Rico are not eligible to participate). Submissions will be accepted from November 10, 2020 through December 10, 2020. The submissions will be reviewed by the "Sponsor" from December 11, 2020 through December 23, 2020.
2. Overview. This is your opportunity to tell us in writing why you or a person you know is living “a rare life.” We will donate $50,000 to a charitable, non-profit organization in the name of the person featured in the grand prize winning submission. Interested parties may participate by submitting a true story online at https://eaglerare.com/eagle-rare-life/nominate, depicting why a particular person’s life has been and continues to be exceptional in some way. Tell us why this person is deserving of being the “Eagle Rare Life” winner in America. All entries will be screened for appropriateness and then applicants deemed eligible/acceptable will be reviewed by the “Sponsor” and a winner will be chosen based on who they believe exemplifies the "Eagle Rare Life" program best. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the individual who is depicted in the story. Each submission must clearly depict the “Rare Life” theme, in a poignant, inspirational, and relevant manner.
3. To Enter. Submitters must visit https://eaglerare.com/eagle-rare-life/nominate for complete Contest details, including information on submitting an entry.
Stories entered for judging may be submitted by the “Contestant” (the person featured in the story), or by a relative, friend or colleague of the Contestant (collectively referred to as the “Submitter”) between November 10, 2020 through December 10, 2020. Please note, however, prize will be awarded to the selected charity of Contestant only. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to accept or reject entries that do not comply with these format, time, and length restrictions and limitations.
Each story may only be submitted once during the Promotion Period. Entries submitted in violation of the Official Contest Rules will not be considered, including inappropriate or offensive entries, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
All entries and its posted content become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. Eligibility. Nominees must be living, at least 21 years of age and a legal US resident.
The following are not eligible to win the contest, but may nominate others for a chance to win: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, and any other party that is directly involved with the development or implementation of this promotion; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Sponsor employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not). This Promotion is void wherever it may be prohibited and/or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
5. Prizes/Odds. There will be one (1) grand prize awarded in the form of a cash donation to the Contestant’s favorite and selected charitable organization. The amount of the prize in the Contestant’s name will be $50,000.
6. Prize Awarding. The winner will be selected by December 23, 2020 and contacted in January 2021. As part of the prize claim process, the winners must sign and return a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and where allowable, a Publicity Release, within 7 days of notification. The winners must also provide consent to participate in an advertising campaign that would promote the winning story with no additional compensation, modeling or usage fees. The Sponsor reserves the right to use this campaign in all forms of media (print, television, internet), both inside the United States and outside the United States. This campaign may include the picture of the Contestant, and his/her name and likeness as agreed to by Contestant. If a winner(s) does not comply, or if the winner notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and offered to the Entrant who received the next highest number of votes. This process will be repeated until the winner(s) complies with the necessary waiver and release documentation.
7. Terms/Conditions. A). By submitting an entry, Submitter warrants and represents that: (i) he/she is the sole and exclusive author and copyright owner of the written submission, and has obtained a release from all persons identified or depicted in the story, and from all owners of property discussed in the story submitted for consideration; and (ii) the story, or portions thereof, have not been entered in any previous competition or won any previous awards or competitions and is not subject to any lien or encumbrance; and (iii) Submitter has the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit all content in the story entry, and to grant Sponsor the right to present the submission to the public, without further compensation in any way it deems necessary to promote the Eagle Rare or the rare life award; and (iv) no rights in the submission have been previously granted to any other person, firm, corporation, or entity.
B) Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, or that an Entrant has not otherwise complied with these Official Contest Rules. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of all Submitters or Contestants whose entry makes it into the “Finalist” round, and to disqualify any Submitter or Contestant that it feels, in its own discretion, would not be a suitable public representative. It shall be the Submitter’s responsibility to provide any personal information to Sponsor that it may deem necessary to conduct such background check of Contestant.
C) If the submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Submitter and/or that are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the story, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the submission by Sponsor. This includes, but is not limited to, music and images protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, and any other third party rights.
D) By submitting an entry and in consideration of the opportunity to win the prize described herein, Submitter confirms to the Sponsor his/her assigned right to make copies of the work of authorship, the right to make derivative works based on the work of authorship by editing, adapting or altering in any way the original submission, the right to distribute and sell copies of the work of authorship, and the right to publicly perform and publicly display the work of authorship in the United States and throughout the world including use on the Internet or in any other manner of Sponsor’s choice, without attribution or further compensation. Use of a submission by Sponsor does not suggest in any way that the Submitter is a winner.
E) By claiming a prize, Submitter agrees that Sponsor and its officers, employees, shareholders, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered.
F) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute Submitter’s and Contestant’s agreement that Sponsor or its agent(s) may use and/or display their respective name(s), address (city, state only), likeness, biographical information, story entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law. Further, the winner agrees to participate in a "re-shoot" of the submitted story, with all related travel and videotaping expenses to be borne by the Sponsor. The winner shall participate in the re-shoot, without additional compensation. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
G) Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest for any reason, including if: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, terrorism, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In such event, the prize-winner will be determined by the Sponsor, from all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension.
H) Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, all disputes concerning this promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations of the state of New York without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of laws provisions.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION, OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winners Posting. The name of the Winner will be posted on https://www.eaglerare.com and on Eagle Rare social media.
10. Sponsor. Eagle Rare Bourbon, 113 Great Buffalo Trace, Frankfort, KY 40601
Void outside the US, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law